2012-2013 Catalog and Student Handbook [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
2012-2013 Catalog and Student Handbook
Northeast State Community College is part of the Tennessee Board of Regents system, the nation’s sixth largest higher education system, governing 46 post-secondary educational institutions. The TBR system includes six universities, 13 two-year community colleges and 27 technology centers, providing programs in 90 of Tennessee’s 95 counties to more than 200,000 students.
Northeast State Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Northeast State.
Specific programs are accredited by the following accrediting agencies:
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs and the Joint Review Committee on Education in Cardiovascular Technology
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs and the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the EMS Professions and the Tennessee Department of Health, Division of Emergency Medical Services
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs and the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting ARC/STSA
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
- Commission on Dental Education of the American Dental Association
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.
Equal Employment and Nondiscrimination in Education and Employment
Northeast State is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its program and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, P.O. Box 246/Highway 75, Blountville, TN 37617, 423.323.0226.
Notice to Students
The course offerings and requirements of the institution are continually under examination and revision. This catalog presents the offerings and requirements in effect at the time of publication; it does not guarantee that such offerings and requirements will not be changed or revoked. Adequate and reasonable notice will be given to students affected by any changes. This catalog is not intended to state contractual terms and does not constitute a contract between the student and the institution.
The institution reserves the right to make changes as required in course offerings, curricula, academic policies, and other rules and regulations affecting students to be effective whenever determined by the institution. These changes apply to current and formerly enrolled students.
Northeast State Community College provides the opportunity for students to increase their knowledge by offering programs of instruction in the various disciplines and programs through faculty who, in the opinion of Northeast State, are qualified for teaching at the college level. The acquisition and retention of knowledge by any student is, however, contingent upon the student’s desire and ability to learn and his/her application of appropriate study techniques to any course or program. Thus, Northeast State must necessarily limit representation of student preparedness in any field of study to that competency demonstrated at that specific point in time at which appropriate academic measurements were taken to certify course or program completion.
Northeast State Community College
2425 Highway 75 / P.O. Box 246
Blountville, Tennessee 37617-0246
Telephone: 423.323.3191, 282.0800 or 547.8450
Outside the local area call 1.800.836.7822