2023-2024 Catalog 
    Jun 23, 2024  
2023-2024 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Tennessee Transfer Pathway

Mathematics (A.S. Degree) Tennessee Transfer Pathway

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Academic Programs by Degree

General Education Requirements

Note: All courses must be from the Approved Courses for General Education  courses for each category listed in the General Education section of this catalog.

Learning Support

Additional courses may be required to overcome deficiencies in English, mathematics, and reading.





  • Behavioral/Social Science - Select one approved course Credits: 3 **
  • Communication - Select one approved course Credits: 3
  • Credits: 3
  • Natural Science - Select one approved course Credits: 4

Total Credit Hours: 62

Additional Information

*Students who are not prepared for calculus will need some or all of the following based on placement test scores: MATH 1100 , MATH 1710 , and/or MATH 1720 .

**Students who wish to pursue a concentration in actuarial science at the UTK, UTC; MTSU; or TSU should complete ECON 2100  and 2200  to fulfill the requirement in behavioral/social science.

***TSU requires Calculus-based Physics sequence; Industrial Track of the Professional Mathematics Concentration at MTSU requires Calculus-based Physics sequence; University of Memphis requires either Calculus-based Physics sequence or CHEM 1110 /1120  sequence. TTU requires a two-semester science lab sequence but not including PHYS 2010 /2020  as an option.

****Students transferring to UoM must earn at least a “C” in the course.

*****Students transferring to UTK must complete a non-U.S. history sequence

Students transferring to the following institutions must earn a “C” or better in all listed MATH courses: MTSU, TSU, TTU, UoM, or UTM, “C” or better required in all MATH 2000 level courses at UTK.

Transfer Requirements

Tennessee Transfer Path to UT/TBR four year universities in compliance with Complete College Tennessee Act of 2010.

Additional Information Regarding Foreign Language

At some universities, foreign language may be required in certain programs that lead to the Bachelor of Science Degree. Complete information regarding foreign language requirements at each university may be found on the transfer and articulation websites of the Tennessee Board of Regents and the University of Tennessee System. Community college students are encouraged to be familiar with foreign language requirements at the universities and, if applicable, complete the requirements before transferring.

Effective Fall 2011

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Academic Programs by Degree