2023-2024 Catalog 
    Sep 22, 2023  
2023-2024 Catalog

Tennessee Transfer Pathway

Nutrition and Food Science (A.S. Degree) Tennessee Transfer Pathway

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Academic Programs by Degree

General Education Requirements

Note: All courses must be from the Approved Courses for General Education  courses for each category listed in the General Education section of this catalog.

Learning Support

Additional courses may be required to overcome deficiencies in English, mathematics, and reading.




Total Credit Hours: 60

Additional Information

* Students who are not prepared for CHEM 1110 will need some or all of the following based on placement test scores: MATH 1100  and/or MATH 1710  or concurrent enrollment in CHEM 1000 . Students who intend to transfer to UT Martin should take CHEM 1010  & CHEM 1020 ; CHEM 1110 & 1120 taken, then CHEM 2010  must also be taken.

** Students who plan to transfer to the University of Tennessee at Knoxville should complete MATH 2050 , Calculus-based Probability and Statistics. Students who are not prepared for MATH 1710 will also need MATH 1100 based on placement test scores.

*** Refer to transfer institution’s program and concentration for recommended additional science and/or mathematics electives to meet entry requirements. Recommended courses for MTSU: SOCI 2010 : Marriage and Family and BIOL 2230 : Microbiology; Recommended course for UTK Dietetics program: CHEM 2010.

Transfer Requirements

Tennessee Transfer Path to UT/TBR four year universities in compliance with Complete College Tennessee Act of 2010.

Additional Information Regarding Foreign Language

At some universities, foreign language may be required in certain programs that lead to the Bachelor of Science Degree. Complete information regarding foreign language requirements at each university may be found in the transfer and articulation websites of the Tennessee Board of Regents and the University of Tennessee System. Community college students are encouraged to be familiar with foreign language requirements at the universities and, if applicable, complete the requirements before transferring.

Effective Fall 2011

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Academic Programs by Degree