- ENGL 1010 - ♦Composition I Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 1020 - ♦Composition II Credit Hours: 3
- SPCH 1010 - ♦Fundamentals of Speech Communication Credit Hours: 3
- *Humanities/Fine Arts Electives - Credits: 9
- **Social Sciences Electives - Credits: 6
- ***History Electives - Credits: 6
- ****Natural Sciences Electives - Credits: 8
- ****Math Electives - Credits: 3
*The Humanities/Fine Arts elective (three courses, one of which must be in literature) must be completed from the following: ARTH 1030, ARTH 2010, ARTH 2020, ENGL 2110, ENGL 2120, ENGL 2210, ENGL 2220, MUS 1030, PHIL 1030, or THEA 1030.
**The Social Sciences electives (two courses) must be completed from the following: ECON 2010, ECON 2020, GEOG 2010, POLS 1030, PSYC 1030, PSYC 2120, PSYC 2130, SOCI 1010, SOCI 1020, or SOCI 2010.
***Students who lack the required one unit (one year) of American History from high school as an admissions requirement must complete six semester hours of American History or three semester hours of American History and three semester hours of Tennessee History to fulfill the history requirement in general education. Otherwise, students must complete two courses from the following: HIST 2010, HIST 2020, or HIST 2030.
****Students should consult the catalog of their transfer institution for guidance in selective elective hours.
Students pursuing an Associate of Arts degree will be required to demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language equivalent to completion of one year of college-level work.